Mosgiel TKD is a nonprofit club and we have set our membership fee deliberately low to encourage people to get into Taekwon-Do and train with us. Costs are kept similar to previous years if possible, and we have a financial incentive for those who set up automatic payment provisions for payment of fees.
All payments to the club should be made into the following account: 06-0901-0685158-00.
- Print and fill out the International Taekwondo Joining Application Form. If you do not have a printer please let us know and we will supply a form for you to fill out. We have a supply of these at our do-jang.
- Obtain a Do-bok (see Do-bok Training Uniform)
- Set up a monthly automatic payment for our club
- Pay an initial joining fee for the national body, and yearly renewal as required.
|Base rate or month by month payment||Automatic payment on same day each month|
|1 person (adult or mini-kid)||$45||$35|
|Immediate family (up to four)||$60||$50|
|Family (four or more)||By arrangement||By arrangement|
Note: Fees are payable in full every month, even if you do not attend some weeks as the cost of running the club remains the same. We train during school holidays also, and membership payments are required for the December/January break period.
National body fees
In addition to the monthly payments for membership to our club there is also an annual subscription to ITF (our national body) required. This fee is set by the national body and payments are due on the anniversary of your joining the national body. We will advise you prior to your registration being due. All members must have a current membership prior to any gradings or events.
- Initial individual registration fee - $67
- Annual individual national registration fee renewal (subsequent years) - $34/year
- Annual family national registration fee renewal (subsequent years) - $67/year
The initial registration will result in you getting an introductory pack, including an ITF manual (suitable for your level, e.g. mini-kids vs. main class) and some stickers etc.
From time to time we have gradings. These are run by the national body and are an official event where students can demonstrate their knowledge. A successful grading will result in an increase in rank. Each member wishing to grade must pay the grading fee (usually to the instructor of their own club) before the grading event.
|Current gup of student grading||Grading Fee|
|10th (white) to 8th gup (yellow)||$55|
|7th (green stripe) to 5th (blue stripe) gup||$65|
|4th (blue) to 2nd gup (red)||$75|
If two members from the same family are grading then there is a discount of $25 (e.g. for two 10th gups grading the total cost is $85). There is a per-family ceiling of $110 per grading.
Grading fees can be paid by bank transfer / internet banking to the same account listed above.